Monday, October 14, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Project

Hey Everybody!  There's a new challenge this week over a Bitten by the Bug 2.  This week we'd like you to make a project to support a health awareness, such as breast cancer, Lupus, Luekemia, etc...your choice!  

Boy did this really hit home for me.  My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in February.  Since then she has undergone a mastectomy and is now on week 16 of 24 weeks of chemo with radiation to follow.  So far we've gotten great news, and scans right before chemo showed she was cancer free!!  She still has quite a bit ahead of her, but I know she is so strong!

So this project has to be one of the most special things I've made.  This framed project will hold a very special picture!  It is for the day she rings her bell on her last day of chemo!  I want her to always remember how strong she has been even when she hasn't felt like it at all.  

Supplies/Details:
Hope-Gypsy Wanderings-2.25 in.
Butterfly-Once Upon a Princess-2.00 in. 
Flowers-Once Upon a Princess 1 in. and 1.5 in.
Frame-Elegant Edges-8.35 in.
Pink Mat-5 x 7
Recollections Cardstock
Stickles
Chalk
Hope to see you enter the challenge this week!!

And speaking of my Mom, over on my food blog I have a delicious dessert for your next family gathering:  Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding
It's a Paula Deen recipe and it is divine!!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You chose the best cuts for this! I could not love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so happy your mom is doing well ! This project came out beautiful ! I need to go check out that recipe , it sounds delicious !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very beautiful Jaren!! I love the butterfly, I love the flowers, I love the title and I love the colors. So good to know your mom is now cancer free!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jaren, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers going out to your Mom, you and family! So glad she is doing better-stay strong!
    Your frame is beautiful! She will appreciate your thoughtfulness and caring!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaren, your frame is just beautiful! I especially love the butterfly! So sorry about what your family is going through! My husband just finished up his year long battle and so far so good. Prayers to you and your mom!!! We are all stronger than we think we are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an uplifting, beautiful gift! And so happy to hear that the news is good news XOXO ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful story of your mom's strength. She is absolutely going to love the thoughtful gift that you made her. Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This frame is such a wonderful celebration of your Mom's strength. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. I love the pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning JAren. Your card is so cute and that pudding looks delicious! Hey, I lsent you a shout out and inked your blog on my Feature Friday post. Have a great weekend! http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com/2013/10/feature-friday-101813.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaren, this is so touching and thoughtful. I know your mom will love this and I know she so appreciates your support. What a wonderful role model she is!! Love your project, but I am truly touched by how personal this is to you!! Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!