Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day Candy Cards



 I could not wait to make these Valentine's Day cards for my daughter and son's classes.  I had been dying to try out my new Create-a-Critter 2 cartridge, and I recently purchased my first set of My Craft Spot stamps.  These stamps came from the Build a Valentine set....LOVE IT!  It is great for boys and girls, and as you can see I couldn't just stick with one stamp.  I had to use a lot of them!!





 Supplies:
For card:  Cut a 6 x 3 rectangle and score/fold at 3" to form a 3 x 3 card
Place white 2.75 square mat on front and inside right cover
after taping bakers twine underneath.
Create-a-Critter 2 cartridge-critters cut at 2" to 2.25"
My Craft Spot-Build a Valentine stamp set
small clear bags
Recollections card stock
bakers twine
Stickles
chalk
For candy:  After filling bag with a small amount of candy, it was a little too wide for the card.  I folded it lengthwise a little more.  I then folded the top over the inside white mat (letting it stick to the ATG tape on the back side of the white mat) before gluing the mat down.  This allows the bag to be sealed behind the mat and hang down.

I'm entering these Valentine's cards in the following challenges:

My Craft Spot-Monday Challenge #85 - Valentine's for kids!



13 comments:

  1. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ADORABLE! I love the way you decorated the candy cards with all the cute critters! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute treats!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! These are adorable! I love them all! Neat idea with the treats inside!

    So glad you joined us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are just fabulous. I love the cute little CAC images and the way you included the treats inside....going to pin this for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards! Love the cute images and the treats are so fun! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prefect Valentine card!!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to pop over to say Congrats on your top 3 win at My Craft Spot! Hope you come back and join in again!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on your top 5 jaren! I sent you an email for a Spotlight Sunday invitation. :-) Arin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog and am so happy that I found you! Your projects are adorable, and I want to thank you for providing basic instructions, including the sizes you cut your critters (in this case). I'm signing up to become a regular follower, as I know that I will learn a lot from you!!



    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are very cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Spotlight Sunday at FCCB. Checked out your blog love your projects very creative, became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your spotlight at FCCB! I love your project! I'm always looking for new takes on goodie bags, and these are fantastic! I LOVE Create-a-Critter, you did a fab job on all the cuts!
    Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!