Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Vinyl Projects


I did it!!  I finally created a vinyl project!  I've had rolls of vinyl for two years, and I have never gotten around to creating anything with it.  Shame on me because it was the easiest project I've ever done!  I was so nervous and I watched a lot of tutorials.  Not only was it easy, but it was fast! 



This is what I'm doing for my kids' teachers.    I found the cups at Walmart and the buckets at Dollar Tree.  The clipboards were recently picked up from Office Depot.  As a former teacher, I know teachers love little personalized gifts like these!  See below for specific sizes and cartridges used.


For the clipboards:
I started by welding their names with my Gypsy.  I used Lyrical Letters.  It has the cutest fonts!

This is what it looked like after weeding (peeling) off the vinyl.  


Peel backing off transfer tape.

Place transfer tape sticky side down.  Now you need to burnish it to get it to stick to the transfer tape.  I used my bone folder,  but you could use a credit card too.  

Now peel it making sure it is sticking to the transfer tape.  If it doesn't stick, just burnish it some more.

It will be backwards.

Place it where you want it.  I went ahead and used my bone folder to make sure there were no air bubbles before I peeled off the transfer tape.

For the cups:


I used a couple of different cartridges for these fonts on the cups.


Storybook cartridge for the "B" and "T"
Beautiful fonts!!
"B" cut at 3.94 in.


"T" cut at 3.82 in.


Gypsy Font for the "M"
Another great font!!
Cut at 3 in.


This was the Lyrical Letters -Loop Dee Loo font cut at 4.79 in.



Overall, this was a super easy project!  I can't wait to do some more vinyl creations!

Here are some of the Teacher Gifts I made last year:





8 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are amazing! Your children's teachers are so lucky to have your kids in their classes. Thank you for the great ideas! We have our teacher appreciation next week and I need to get on the ball!!

    Hugs,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!!! I haven't tried vinyl either and I have two rolls sitting in my stash. I came over here from Robyn's blog (my pink stamper)

    Have a great weekend.

    Marilyn C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from MPS and I am glad I did. These are wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot! Woot! you got a mention on the notorious MPS blog! Of course you would with these! Robyn is the best blogger I know! LOVE, love love her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tumblers & clipboards, I'm sure the teachers loved them and your thoughtful gesture! Thanks for joining FCCB's Vinyl Cricut Crawl this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know they are goi.ng to love these, great job!! It's hard to quit with the vinyl after you get started:) Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are great gifts. Those are some lucky teachers. Thank you for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These teacher gifts are fabulous! I love the fonts you chose!! Thanks for joining the vinyl challenge at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!