Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Monogrammed Cards



Guess what!  Michael's has Chevron Recollections cardstock paper packs!  I was so excited when I saw this the other day.  I couldn't wait to use it!  
I love anything monogrammed, so I wanted to make some cute monogrammed card sets.

I made these note cards as gifts on Supply Day for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I kept them pretty simple since I had to make about 15.  I made a set of five per teacher with five A2 size envelopes.


The font and scalloped oval came from the Storybook cartridge.  


I really had a trouble deciding whether to keep the colors the same or mix them up.  Making decisions is not my strong point, especially when it comes to colors and picking out paper!  In the end, I went with a monochromatic look and included one of each color per set.


Supplies:  
Storybook cartridge for scalloped oval and letters
Recollections cardstock
Coredinations cardstock
Baker's Twine
A2 envelopes
chalk
pop dots

Side note:  As I was making these last Friday morning, I was listening to Kathie Lee and Hoda on TV talking about how every Southern gal loves everything monogrammed and I thought, how ironic, yes we do!


5 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and am enjoying your creations. These card sets are really cute.

    That's funny about the monograms. I just ordered some monogrammed t-shirts from my cousin's store in Prairie Grove, AR. She monograms everything from toenails to ball caps. I'd love a hat now but people are going to start calling me Laverne if I start wearing my initials on everything. The store in on Facebook if you want to check it out "Crescent Store". You might get some cute ideas.

    Thanks for the cute ideas you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! you did a great job and the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have a question for you. I bought a small back of the chevron paper but the lines are not going the correct way. What size paper did you buy of the chevron paper? I love these and I can not wait to make them for the office staff at my school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the chevron paper from Michael's. It is an 8 1/2 by 11 Recollections pack.

      Delete
  4. these are so adorable! I am dying to go to Michaels now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!