Monday, September 16, 2013

Vinyl Home Decor Project

I've been wanting to do a monogram with our family name for quite some time now.  I am very pleased with how it came out.  I am entering this project over at Fantabulous Cricut this week.  
Vinyl is so easy!  I did this project and another one (which I'll post in a day or so) in one night!  That was even with two little ones in the room with me!  A pair of scissors and some scrap paper entertained them for quite a while:)  I had it all planned out and the letters welded in my gypsy, so I was able to get right to cutting.

For this project, I used:
8 x 10 canvas
Martha Stewart craft paint
Easel from Michaels
Gypsy Font for the "D" and "Est" and "2002
Accent Essentials for the decorative cut on the bottom
"D" cut at 5 in.
"Est. 2002" cut at 2 in.
Decorative swirl- cut at 3.24 in.
*This was my first time to work with vinyl on a painted canvas surface.  I had a little trouble getting it to stick, and it wanted to bubble up a little.  I thing using a painted wood plaque would be a better option next time.

I'm entering this in the following:
Fantabulous Cricut-ABC's/123's-Use at least 1 letter or number Cricut cut


5 comments:

  1. Great job. I love it. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great home decor project. Love the monogram. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, I like the canvas for decor and the monogram is really elegant! Thanks for joining FCCB's ABC ~ 123 challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great vinyl display and love this font. thanks for joining us at FCCB this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.
    Ro Donner, DT Member

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!